[Samba] Domain-name appended into username when "selecting users or groups"

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Fri Dec 3 08:34:00 MST 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:24 AM, George Mamalakis <mamalos at eng.auth.gr> wrote:
> ... and one last question, just out of curiosity: I understand that NT-4
> domains do not support workgroups of the form example.com the way we think.
> On the other hand, I am able to log-in from my clients on my example.com
> domain. So, in a way it seems that domains of that scheme are only
> "partly-supported"

Just best to stay away from it. No need to create problems.

It's good to remember that when you're dealing with Samba you're
dealing with a product doing it's best to emulate Microsoft
file/print/domain/AD protocols and practices and that many of the
limitations, design, and support questions can be found in Microsoft
documentation.