[Samba] permissions question

Han Solo gforums2010 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:54:17 MDT 2010

I have a samba share that has the following permissions:

        create mask = 0775
        force create mode = 0664
        directory create mask = 0775
        force directory mode = 0764

1.) Does this means DOS/windows files will be created as rwxrwxr-x  per
"create mask" or rw-rw-r-- per "force create mode"?
2.) Do I need both create mask & force create mode or is one overkill?
3.) Is "directory create mask" an unknown option?
4.) Does force directory mode mean all dos/windows directories created will
be drwxrw-r--?
5.) I have a basic .txt file I created on my windows desktop by
right-clicking>new>text document. I copy that file over to the share in
question & it gets the following permission: -rwxr--r-- where is it getting
that permission from as I'm expecting it to have 0775 or 0664 permisions &
neither is coming over.

Please help! Thanks in advance!