[Samba] Moving to a new PDC, and if possible, rename the domain name

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:17:52 MDT 2010

On 29 August 2010 21:06, Gaiseric Vandal <gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the existing server using tdbsam or LDAP?  The pdbedit command has
> options to import/export from/to various backends.   Once you copy the
> accounts from one server to another you could configure the new server to
> temporarily be a BDC, then make it a PDC and drop the original serve.
>
> Does the Mac OS server have LDAP server functionality already built in?  Is
> it using openldap or something else.

OS X Server comes with Open Directory which is based on OpenLDAP, MIT
Kerberos and a "password server".  It does have some support for
acting as a Windows PDC, as far as I know.  I am pretty sure it uses
some version of Samba for that, but not sure how/if it would integrate
with your own installation of Samba.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>