[Samba] net idmap restore

raveenpl raveenpl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 04:27:51 MDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently using Samba 3.5.4 with ADS domain (tdbsam backend).

I want to change uid mapping for one of my users.

I prepared file that I subsequently imported via command:

net idmap restore < filename.txt

Next, I checked 'getent passwd username' command and unfortunately uid for
this user was not changed.

I noticed that in winbind_idmap.tdb file (using tdbtool command) exists
information concerning changed UID, but it is not seen in the system.

Maybe someone could give me some advice (or could try to reproduce this
problem in its own environment with this version of samba) ? I have done
above test with Samba 3.2.15 and using it I did not have such problem.

Cheers