[Samba] how to set folder redirection on Windows 7 with a Samba PDC

Abe Lau abelau+samba at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 05:46:44 MDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:03 PM, erik bergsma <ebergsma1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> there are some limitations.... kixtart cant write certain values to parts
> the registry that are protected
> but just for folder redirection its great :)
>
> although with win7 you will probably run into some problems with the adobe
> installer that is refusing to work, because of the folder redirection
>
> samba 4 isnt an work enviroment option, since it is still in alpha

kixtart seems quite easy and straightforward to deploy!  Though I am trying
to find out more about Kixtart before I decide if deploying it is worth the
effort (vs just a registry patch with logon script).

I am currently using wpkg (with wpkgexpress) for silent package
installation.  Still, mind sharing what the problem of adobe installer on
win7 is with folder redirection on?  I used to use roaming profile, but
found it more trouble than worth.

Cheers,
Abe