[Samba] Moving Samba PDC to new machine

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Aug 24 00:53:24 MDT 2010

Hi,
Install ldap and samba on the new machine,
move your ldap.conf and slapd.conf, smb.conf to the new machine. Do not
start samba or ldap!
Make exact the same directories as you did on the old samba, according to
your smb.conf
slapcat -l master.ldif your ldap on the old machine.
Move the ldif to the new machine.
According to you new machines IP you have to work you ldap and smb
configuration.
Do not start ldap! Then on the new machine: slapadd -l master.ldiff
Be shure the new databases are owned by ldap.
Now  smbpasswd -w youldapadminpasswordfromsmb.conf
Important: On the old machine fetch the sid: net getlocalsid yourdomain.
Copy this sid.
On the new machine: net setlocalsid thesidyoucopied.
For me on centos5.5 I installed ldap-client to.