[Samba] samba pdc for samba clients - job

mancyborg at gmail.com mancyborg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:20:03 MDT 2010

Hi All, this is a samba related job request. Sorry if this is not the correct mailing list, feel free to point me toward a better place.

I'm looking for an how-to style documentation to configure Debian 5 (Lenny) as a PDC and file server
for Debian 5 (Lenny) clients.
Would prefer to use Samba (and Kerberos if needed) as the PDC and file server
and would prefer to avoid ldap integration.

The documentation must describe how to configure the server to provide the authentication facility (PDC),
and how to configure the client to authenticate (would prefer with GDM (gnome display manager) and mount the file share accordingly.

No printer handling is needed.

The clients are using the desktop manager xfce4.

I am a linux sysadmin myself so you will not be alone.

Please bid only if you have experience with this setup because this is urgent (2-3 days).
Budget is negotiable but I'm looking to spend around 100 USD.

Thanks for your attention,
have a nice day.
Mike