[Samba] BUILTIN-Groups break winbind_idmap

Mantrid samba at mantrid.net
Fri Apr 30 00:23:28 MDT 2010

Thorsten Leiser <t.leiser <at> synchron-is.de> writes:

> Now on lenny
> it seems that samba overrides the winbindd_idmap of the domain-users to
> BUILTIN\administrators. A "wbinfo -Y S-1-5-32-544" with a result of
> 10000 confirmed my assumptions. I don't know why samba behaves like
> this. For further analysis i attach the global section of the smb.conf.
>
> Anyone an idea?

Hi Thorsten,

Is it possible that winbindd is using the idmap_cache.tdb file instead? Maybe
try copying both files over.

Also check that the file permissions are correct.
-rw------- 1 root root  24576 2010-04-29 18:33 idmap_cache.tdb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  20480 2010-04-30 14:55 winbindd_idmap.tdb

Regards,

Mantrid