[Samba] viewing, if not editing, NFSv4 ACL's from Samba shares

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Apr 20 16:04:40 MDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 05:31:03PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> For any file or directory where NFSv4 ACL's have been specifically
> set, if I use a Windows XP client to look up "Properties" on the
> object, I see no "Security" tab at all.

Oh, I see. Noticed in a reply to Volker that you're
using RHEL, not Solaris. The zfs acl module only (naturally)
works on Solaris, it uses Solaris specific calls.

We don't (yet) have a module to map NFSv4 ACLs on Linux
to Windows ACL displays. Should just be a (haha:-) simple
matter of changing the AIX or Solaris module to use the
Linux NFSv4 ACL API. Is one standardized yet ?

Jeremy.