[Samba] Samba PDC: Only one User can't log in

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Wed Apr 7 09:12:30 MDT 2010

Hello,

I have a working Samba-PDC with ldap-Backaend. It works fine for all our
user, except one user.
He can't log in. I can't find an error in ldap (compared his entry with
mine) nor in the logfile.

Can anybody help me to figure out the cause of this?

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = test
         netbios aliases = homedirs
         server string = apollo
         passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://10.3.1.3"
         username map = /etc/samba/smb-user-map
         log level = 15
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         debug uid = Yes
         smb ports = 139
         name resolve order = wins host bcast
         deadtime = 300
         printcap name = cups
         add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d
/var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
         logon script = logon.bat
         logon path = \\%L\%U\.ntprofile
         logon drive = H:
         logon home = \\%L\%U
         domain logons = Yes
         preferred master = Yes
         local master = No
         domain master = Yes
         wins server = gate
         kernel oplocks = No
         ldap admin dn = cn=Administrator,dc=test,dc=de
         ldap group suffix = ou=group
         ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
         ldap suffix = dc=test,dc=de
         ldap ssl = no
         ldap user suffix = ou=people
         create mask = 0775
         directory mask = 0775
         hide files =
/Desktop.ini/desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/tmp/RECYCLER/
         strict locking = No
         share modes = No
         delete readonly = Yes

Please find attached the logfile-snipplet. Sorry, but its to big for
pastebin.

Regards

Daniel