[Samba] Simple client config

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 05:23:59 MDT 2009

Hi,

If you are using LDAP, it'd probably be better to point your member
server to it's LDAP directory. You probably don't want "winbind use
default domain" set to "yes" as this will fill your IDMAP backend with
local domain accounts, really in a Samba domain you only want foreign
domain stuff in there. Try:

passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://pdc ip
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://pdc ip
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind nested groups = yes
winbind trusted domains only = yes
winbind use default domain = no
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
allow trusted domains = yes

and copy the all the parameters starting with "ldap " from your pdc.

You might also want:

domain logons = yes
domain master = no
preferred master = no
wins server = pdc's IP address

This works for me with both local and trusted domains.

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 1200
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on
the FSA Register; number: 190856)