[Samba] Help! Driver issue?

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Mon Sep 21 09:14:51 MDT 2009

We use samba 3.3.6 for point and print.  Uploading a Xerox 7346 PS from
a vista client, using the add printer wizard, to samba works fine.  But
when you try to get to properties you get the following error:

"C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Function address 0x4d0c3f25 caused a protection fault. (exception code
0xc0000005)  Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed."

I'm currently dealing with Xerox 2nd level support with a driver issue.
Their response is: "You're running linux?  It's the server, it's not
storing all the required driver files."

Any tips?

thanks,
Ryan