[Samba] Restart Winbind

Linux Addict linuxaddict7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:12:31 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Alex Crow <acrow at integrafin.co.uk> wrote:

> > fi
> >
> > I am somewhat limited to use tdb backend as ldap back end doesn't seems
> > be supporting trusted domains.
> >

> Your samba schema might be out of date - both sides of the trust are
> stored in LDAP now - I had the same problem until I ugraded my schema
> files after going from 3.0.x to 3.2.x.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

That looks like a very useful information. I am using 3.2.8 as well. Will
you please elaborate a bit on upgrading schema ?

Following is what my idmap config.

idmap domains = default, DOMAIN1, DOMAIN2, DOMAIN3
        idmap uid = 1000 - 299999
        idmap gid = 1000 - 299999
        idmap config DOMAIN1:range = 100000 - 199999
        idmap config DOMAIN1:backend = rid
        idmap config DOMAIN3:range = 1000 - 99999
        idmap config DOMAIN3:backend = rid
        idmap config DOMAIN2:range = 200000 - 299999
        idmap config DOMAIN2:backend = rid
        idmap config default:default = Yes

Thanks
LA