[Samba] Problems with Samba 3.4 under Opensolaris snv_111b

Ralf Hornik Mailings ralf at best.homeunix.org
Tue Sep 8 17:02:04 MDT 2009

Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> schreibte:

>> "Encountered an unexpected requestValue sequence element tag."
> That one should be fixed in 3.4.1. See bug 5886.

Patch applied - problem solved

>> "pdb_default_create_user: failed to create a new user structure:
>> NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER"

> This can happen when you have nscd running. Try without
> during those operations.

Indeed, disabling nscd helps, but additionally I had to move my
machine accounts under my user container.

Bug 3235 seems to describe this issue, but is not appliable to samba
3.4. Is there any other known solution/patch?

Thank you very much for this quick help!

Ralf