[Samba] Share Permission Issue

Dave Pigliavento dapigliav at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 06:30:35 MDT 2009

Hey Eero,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not want to stray from the distro for ease of updates and that is the latest release provided by CentOS 5.3.  I can't use ACLs because one of the filesystems I am sharing is ocfs2 although I do have the same behavior on ext3 filesystem.  ocfs2 does not come with support for ACLs out of the box.  While I could compile ocfs2 to support ACLs that is something I am trying to avoid...  Any idea what could be done with the current configuration?

Thanks,
Dave