[Samba] Printing from Vista/W2K8 with 3.4 Print Server

Neil L Thackeray neilt at uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 4 15:05:03 MDT 2009

I have a Samba 3.4.0 print server with WinXP, Win2K3, Vista, and Win2K8
clients. The print server functions fine with WinXP and Win2K3. The
drivers show up properly  and if you look in server properties from
those clients you can see the Samba printer port, the drivers, and print
forms.

However under Vista and Win2K8 server I get nothing. The clients say
that the drivers aren't installed, and when I go to look at the server
properties on either client everything is blank. There is no Samba print
port, no print forms, and the installed drivers show up as a couple
characters of gobbelty-gook.

I haven't been able to discern any errors when looking at the log files.
Anyone have some insight? Help is much appreciated.

Neil