[Samba] pdbedit error (using LDAP)

Marcelo Terres mhterres at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:41:48 MDT 2009

Hi.

I'm using pdbedit to edit users accounts and everything works fine.

But when I'm trying to use pdbedit to edit domain account policies I'm
receiving the following error:

pdbedit -P "password history" -C 4
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching
for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=MYDOMAIN))]
StartTLS issued: using a TLS connection
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: successful connection to the LDAP server
valid account policy, but unable to fetch value!
account policy "password history" description: Length of Password History
Entries (default: 0 => off)
account policy "password history" value was: 0
valid account policy, but unable to set value!

I'm running samba 3.4.0 with OpenLDAP backend. I googled about it but didn't
find nothing.

Anybody can help me ?

Regards,

Marcelo H. Terres