[Samba] Files copying - date and owner... problems

lmhelp lmbox at wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 27 05:13:39 MDT 2009

Hi again,

I am sorry to come back here with my problem but
I didn't get any response to my previous post...
Maybe my post wasn't clear enough or too long? :)

It is "just" that, when copying files at date D and time T
from Windows server to Samba server, SOME files times
(not all of them) have been set to time T and date D.
Which is abnormal isn't it?

I also had SOME files (not all of them) which owner and
owner group were set to (root, root) instead of
(current_win_smb_logged_user, forced_smb_conf_group).

Do you think this is because a large amount of files
were copied? I mean, if this is a Samba bug, isn't it worth
reporting it?
Do you think I should add something to my config. file?

If you cannot answer don't worry :) I won't post again with
this topic, I am just trying so see if there is someone around
who would have a little idea...

Thanks for reading and all the best,
--
Lmhelp