[Samba] can't write to a shared file

bujums leslie.trail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:37:47 MDT 2009

I have ubuntu 8.04 very simple files serving running XFCE. I have two files
that are shared, these are accessed by several computers running XP. Problem
is one of the files will not allow me to write to from the XP mach. this
happened after I deleted that share from the smb.conf file and re-entered
it.  The other file is still fine. I have cut and past the smb.conf file.
Can someone tell me what I can do to get the write ability back to it.

[sharepoint] is working fine, [files] is the one that is not letting the XP
computers write to it.

[global]
workgroup = MHGROUP
server string = VEDA