[Samba] config file locations

Richard Clemens rich.clemens at clevelandtrack.com
Wed Oct 7 13:12:45 MDT 2009

This  is great.  I just tried pdbedit and it works perfectly.
Thanks for the help.
This will greatly reduce errors.

Next question.  Can I import the information from my /etc/passwd file so
I don't have to manually type information for 100 people?
I did read the man pages but it is a bit confusing.

Thanks again.

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 14:23 -0400, Richard Clemens wrote:
>
>> I checked and for my version this is not the case.
>> I am using RHEL 5.4 server edition.
>> I did find .tdb files in /etc/samba.
>> I tried to view the files using vim but no joy.
>> I need a file that I can edit using vi or gedit and avoid the gui tool
>> or a way to import the data from a text file.
>>

> You can't.  Use the pdbedit, net, and smbpasswd CLI tools and you can
> manipulate you TDB SAM pretty much any way you want.

believed to be clean.