[Samba] Samba as fileserver on Active Directory domain

Ivan Ordonez iordonez at berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 5 17:49:40 MDT 2009

I was able to set ACL with local username but can't do it on domain
username or groups.

hostname ~ # getfacl /shared/drive
# file: shared/drive
# owner: mylocalusername
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::rwx
default:other::r-x

When I tried to set ACLs for domain account or groups, it was invalid
option.

hostname ~ #setfacl -m g:"DOMAIN+Domain Admins":rwx /shared/drive
setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

hostname ~ #setfacl -m g:"DOMAIN+myusername":rwx /shared/drive
setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

I believe the drive is mounted and ACL is enable.

hostname ~ # mount
/dev/hda3 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,acl)

Here is my /etc/fstab
/dev/hda3        /        ext3        noatime,acl    0 1

What I find odd is running wbinfo and getent command to be very
inconsistent.  I would sometimes get result and sometimes not.
hostname ~ # wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.