[Samba] Samba 3/4 - Franky - AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 24 18:40:33 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 20:57 +0100, Richard Lamboj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there somewhere a howto? I have compiled Samba 3.4.3 as merged build on
> Debian, but i could not remember which developer packages Samba needs(i have
> tried to compile 3.4.0 without problems - some times ago) and the
> error "configure: error: Merged build required but not possible" is not very
> useful.
>
> So Samba needs a Unix Account - is there a LDAP Server included in Samba, when
> yes - does it support pam, or does i need to store the Unix Users in the
> passwd or could i use a third part LDAP Server like openLDAP?
>
> What is the Problem: "build/smb_build/main.pl: can't
> open '../lib/tevent/python.mk' at build/smb_build/config_mk.pm line 173."?
>
> The errors from 3.4.x are not very clear for me. Okay this file is missing,
> but why?
>
> So Please! Can someone tell me how to use Samba 3.4.x as merged build and as
> AD?

Samba 3.4 is not and does not contain a Samba4 release.  All it contains
is a snapshot of Samba4 that was in 'master' at the time 3.4 was
branched - many months ago.

If you want to try Samba4, I'll release a new alpha soon, or try out the
current GIT version.

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.