[Samba] Question regarding FreeBSD and Samba

Hristo Karatonev hkaratonev at alenmak.bg
Mon Nov 16 01:45:17 MST 2009

Hello to everyone!
I'm new here, pls don't be cruel with me :)
My question is about refreshing explorer after creating (with a right
click ->"New Folder" action) on Samba share.
My configuration is:
FreeBSD 7.2
Samba 3.0.36
Samba shares is on Raid 1 (hardware)(if this may be a reason for something).

In smb.conf i have:

[share]
        writeable = yes
        path = /home/share
        force directory mode = 770
        force group = share
        force create mode = 770
        comment = share
        valid users = @share
        create mode = 770
        directory mode = 770

I cannot understand why sometimes when a user try to create New Folder
directly on share through Explorer browser (from windows machine), the
browser doesn't refresh directories and this lead to subsequent errors
related to actions about renaming created "New Folder"-s. Every time
user have to refresh to see what is going on...
Thanks in advance!
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.