[Samba] samba and ads authentication

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 04:43:04 MST 2009

2009/11/9 Tom Montague <tom.montague at thegriffingroup.com.au>:
> Thanks Seban,
>
> I tried running the configure script with the following options...
>
>  ./configure --with-ldap --with-ads --with-krb5 --with-winbind
>
> I am getting the following error:-

[...]
> configure: error: Active Directory cannot be supported without krb5.h
>

> I do have Kerberos installed and the kinit <user>@<domain> works for me.
>
> My Kerberos krb5.conf file is located in the /etc/krb5/ directory,
> should I be running the configure script and telling it this location?

No.

> Should I have a krb5.h file???

Yes.

You probably do not have the Kerberos development package installed.
This would include the krb5.h file amongst other things.  I did not
see any mention of what operating system you're running, but e.g.
Debian and Ubuntu have a package called libkrb5-dev.  On an RPM-based
distribution it is probably something like krb5-devel.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>