[Samba] unable to map to share

Mon May 4 20:40:28 GMT 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 03:33:57PM -0500, McGranahan, Jamen wrote:
> It should 1) automatically recognize me since we are authenticating
> through Active Directory and 2) create the share so that I can
> read/write to it, but neither one happens. It actually prompts me for my
> username & password and then errors out:
>

> Enter the user name for 'libdig4.library.vanderbilt.edu': mcgranj
>
> Enter the password for libdig4.library.vanderbilt.edu: <password>
>
> System error 53 has occurred.

System error 53 usually is a problem with name resolution.
Can you verify that your client actually connected to the
server? Can you provide a network trace of the connection
attempt? Information on how to create useful network traces
can be found under

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets

Volker