[Samba] User friendly URLs to shares

Jorgen Lundman lundman at gmo.jp
Fri May 1 00:00:51 GMT 2009

Yes, we did manage to get that working with "net use" but how would you
package it to users, so preferably it is something they just click on,
either from a www-page, email message or possibly "save this to desktop
and double click". When using "net use" it wouldn't exactly popup a
requestor and ask for your password. (Unless you mean that horrible DOS
box).

Is there no way to make it as nice as OsX and Linux? You just click the
smb:// link and it asks for password in a popup?

Lund

Gerald Carter wrote:

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)