[Samba] bad performance Vista <-> Samba over gbit

Neo [GC] neo at gothic-chat.de
Sat Mar 14 17:44:16 GMT 2009

Hi Godwin,

thanks for answering.

Yes, the server wasn't changed, there was even no restart of the smbd
and nmbd daemons. Yesterday I've upgraded from 3.0 to most current 3.3,
but without change. Switch and cabling are totally identical.
As for the Vista, I've used the same DVD, but it runs on a new PC. Old
one was an Athlon X2 3800+ on a NForce 4 SLI mainboard with Nvidia
networking, new one is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz running on a X48
board with two Realtek RTL8168C/8111C gbit lan chips, only one activated.

I'm very confused, because every other combination works; vista to mac
40MB/s, mac to samba 40MB/s, only vista to samba 6MB/s.