[Samba] Fwd: win xp machine disconnected from share and repeated authentication required

Pramathesh Ambasta pramathesh.ambasta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:41:30 GMT 2009

> Re: [Samba] Fwd: win xp machine disconnected from share and repeated
> authentication required
> From:
> vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh at gmail.com>
> Date:
> Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:06:28 +0530
> To:
> Pramathesh Ambasta <pramathesh.ambasta at gmail.com>
>
> To:
> Pramathesh Ambasta <pramathesh.ambasta at gmail.com>
> CC:
> samba at lists.samba.org
>

> Dear ambasta
>
> Can you try following command on xp
>
> net config server /autodisconnect:0
>

> thanks
>

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Pramathesh Ambasta <
> pramathesh.ambasta at gmail.com> wrote:

This is just to report that the I tried the above and this has not
rectified the problem. I have read posts about similar issues with
3.0.25 which seems to have been patched. Since my version is 3.0.28a, I
assume the patch would have made its way into 3.0.28a too.

So I request further guidance on how to move ahead with this? The
problem is only happening on one machine and that too when it is trying
to attach files with outlook express.

Thanks in advance for help

Regards
Pramathesh