[Samba] Samba & AutoCad 2007

Jack Downes jax at nwmt.us
Tue Mar 3 01:10:19 GMT 2009

Hmm, my gut instinct here is to look at oplocks and how  they are setup
on your server.  I had a similar issue with quickbooks a long time ago -
this is one large file that can be worked on by several people
simultaneously, and we had to fix it with oplocks.  I can't recall
excactly what was done, but that might at least get you in the right
direction.  In our case, I do know we had to seperate that QB file out
from the rest of the files and create a "special needs" share that was
different.  Come to think of it, I think we totally disable oplocks...
but, you really ought to read about them to find out what's needed and
what's not.

Jack