[Samba] Samba 3.3.4-31 ssh/winbind login failure

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:51:45 GMT 2009

Folks,

Fixed it, looks like 'make install' doesn't move pam_winbind.so over to
/lib/security either so I was using an old version. The libnss* libs not
going over correctly really should've given me a hint given that the
resulting error (request size 2088, expected 2096) is the same.

Create a link from /lib/security/pam_winbind.so to
/usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so and suddenly all my problems vanished. I
can now:

map network drives to the samba box and create files with the correct Active
Directory user/group names
smbclient onto the samba box
ssh onto the samba box as an AD user, pick up the correct home directory and
use the correct user/group names.

adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home  computer collection?
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk