[Samba] samba file server with heartbeat and drbd

Mikael Kermorgant mikael.kermorgant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:42:21 GMT 2009

Hello,
While working on heartbeat/pacemaker for a web service stored on drbd, I've
thought what I've learnt could also be applied to samba in order to build a
fault tolerant file server in our domain.

While digging samba's doc, I've found that CTDB could also fulfill the need
and is maybe better suited as it's samba-related.

But on the other hand, I'd appreciate to begin with only samba + pacemaker +
drbd. I guess that failover would be less transparent to the users but I'm
not really aware of what bad things could occur during a failover. Could
anyone enlighten me on this matter ?

Regards,

--
Mikael Kermorgant