[Samba] tdbsam.

Sat Jul 25 07:49:55 MDT 2009

On 7/24/2009, John H Terpstra - Samba Team (jht at samba.org) wrote:
>> As an FYI, I am using Samba-3.2.4, idmap_rid with tdbsam as backend for
>> about 3 years with 2000 users on member server configuration authenticating
>> AD 2003. Occasionally I had db corrupt issues, but restarting winbind
>> resolved most of the times.

> No argument with that statement - agreed.

Is it common to have occasional db corruption? And is simply restarting
winbind the proper way to fix it? What if it doesn't?

The reason I'm asking is I am planning on replacing an older Win2K DC
with a Samba server for a small network... but I want the simplest and
most reliable setup, so would prefer to avoid LDAP...

--

Best regards,

Charles