[Samba] Windows 7 RC

kmorning kmorning at utilitieskingston.com
Sat Jul 11 12:33:38 MDT 2009

OK.  Here's an update on my situation.

I installed windows 7 RC and was able to join my samba 3.3.6 domain and just
as with server 2008r2 I ran into the "trust relationship" issue when trying
to log into the domain.  At this point I became a little frustrated since it
seems everyone else here has had success with this.

Finally, as a last ditch effort, I decided to downgrade to 3.3.4 since I've
seen no mention of anyone using 3.3.6 in this scenario.  Lo and behold, my
domain logins now work in both win7 and win2008r2.

Now this would lead me to believe something in 3.3.6 has broken this
functionality, but I don't want to say this with absolute certainty.
Perhaps in my process of uninstalling 3.3.6 and installing 3.3.4 I fixed
something unbeknownst to me.

I'm using a gentoo distro, and the reason for me initially installing 3.3.6
was because it was the the only ebuild for a 3.3.x flavour in the portage
tree (which I had to unmask since it is still hard masked).  After
unemerging 3.3.6 I created a portage overlay for 3.3.4 and emerged it.

Can someone confirm (or deny) my findings with 3.3.6?

Kelly