[Samba] Active Directory Integration Problems

David Armstrong darmstrong at moca.org
Thu Jul 9 18:01:53 MDT 2009

Thanks for the replies.  I have modified the share portion of my
smb.conf file as shown below.  Still no luck.

[test]
        path = /home/2CP/darmstrong
        browseable = yes
        read only = yes
        inherit permissions = yes
        valid users = "2CP\darmstrong","buexec","test",itadmin
        write list = "2CP\darmstrong","buexec","test",itadmin
        read list =

When modifying file permissions for shares on Windows servers, I have to
log out and log back on again before the workstation recognizes them.
Does the same go for Samba shares?