[Samba] editposix: winbind -u: Error looking up domain users

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:14:49 MDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Dale
Schroeder<dale at briannassaladdressing.com> wrote:
> A question for you - the link does not mention nsswitch.conf.  Is it
> required to list both ldap and winbind
> for passwd and group?  For example,
> passwd: compat   ldap   winbind
> group: compat   ldap   winbind

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

As I said, everything works except "wbinfo -u" and "wbinfo -g". Maybe
it's normal with editposix, but I want to be sure.

> I would be curious to know the answer.

Me too :-)

> If you're using PAM, I assume that is configured for ldap and winbind also.

Nope. I'm not using PAM as I don't authenticate users via PAM in this machine.

However, I use LDAP in nss.

Thanks for your help.

Norberto