[Samba] permissions problems

Jonathon Doran jon at doransw.com
Tue Jul 7 18:44:47 GMT 2009

My apologies for the extra post, but I spoke too soon.  I'm on my way
out the door to check on another lab, so I'm trying to summarize where
things are.

With 777 permissions and logging set to 4, I still see the
OBJECT_NAME_COLLISION in the logfile. And upon logout and logging back
in there are problems with deleting files (the recycle bin is reported
as corrupted).

Here is a subset of the smbstatus output, with username redacted:

8750         1055       DENY_NONE  0x100081    RDONLY     NONE
     /home               /profiles/profdata   user   Tue Jul  7
13:39:17 2009
8750         1055       DENY_NONE  0x2019f     RDWR       NONE
     /home               /profiles/profdata
user/AppData/Microsoft/Windows/Explorer/thumbcache_1024.db
      Tue Jul  7 13:37:56 2009
8750         1055       DENY_NONE  0x2019f     RDWR       NONE
     /home               /profiles/profdata
user/AppData/Microsoft/Windows/Explorer/thumbcache_96.db
    Tue Jul  7 13:37:56 2009
8750         1055       DENY_NONE  0x100081    RDONLY     NONE
     /home               /profiles/profdata   user/Desktop   Tue Jul
8750         1055       DENY_NONE  0x2019f     RDWR       NONE
     /home               /profiles/profdata   user/Cookies/index.dat
Tue Jul  7 13:37:56 2009
8750         1055       DENY_NONE  0x2019f     RDWR       NONE
     /home               /profiles/profdata
user/History/History.IE5/index.dat   Tue Jul  7 13:37:56 2
   009

Do those RDONLY entries mean that the path is read-only?  It suggests
that this is the case, but I am getting in trouble with assumptions.