[Samba] Usrmgr.exe does not list all the domain users

John Du jjohndu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:36:38 GMT 2009

Hi,

We are running samba 3.0.28 with Openldap 2.2.13 as a Windows PDC.  The
OS is Red Hat RHEL5.

We also have some VMWare servers.  A VMWare management toolqueries the
PDC for users.  For some reason, it cannot find some users even given
the complete uid.  To diagnose the problem, I ran the Windows NT domain
user manager, Usrmgr.exe.  It has the same problem as the VMWare tool.
It does not show those users the VMWare tool cannot find.

The users have no problem to login to the domain and use the resources
in the domain.  The Windows Explorer can see these users too.

I have googled around but have not found anything helpful.

Thank you for your help.

John Du