[Samba] poor read/write performance due to TCP window size configuration

Mike Gallamore mike at mpi-cbg.de
Mon Jan 5 10:07:51 GMT 2009

I haven't played around with this much but I seem to recall reading
that things in packet/window size seem to work on a lowest common
denominator approach. Does something in the path not have the window
scale option enabled? The "old" standard had a max size for the window
of 64k. According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_window_scale_option

routers and firewalls are notorious for not implementing TCP Window
scaling.