[Samba] Samba PDC

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Tue Feb 17 23:58:20 GMT 2009

> I have a Fedora 6 with samba 3.0.2465 working great as a PDC with
> Win98 clients. The server has domain logon working and login scripts
> running I have made a second server to replace the first but after
> upgrading beyond Fedora 8 it no longer works. I can see shares with
> Vista64 Business and XP Pro although they will not authenticate but
> the win98 boxes I get "the domain password you supplied is not correct
> or access to your server has been denied."

I am not sure if this applies to your case or to the samba version you
quote, but recently the defaults for parameters "client lanman auth" and
"lanman auth" have been changed from "Yes" to "No". Disabling this
option will also disable the |client plaintext auth| option.

Please consult the smb.conf man page for these parameters.