[Samba] domain power users

charles :( charlesaburrell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 21:05:04 GMT 2009

Hello,

Thanks Harry.

I edited the smbldap-populate script and added the Power Users entry to the
LDAP database using the script.
dn: cn=Power Users,ou=Groups,dc=origin,dc=bz
objectClass: top,posixGroup,sambaGroupMapping
gidNumber: 547
cn: Power Users
sambaSID: S-1-5-32-547
sambaGroupType: 4
displayName: Power Users

The group type is now local. However the Power User privileges still do not
apply and gpresult doesn't list membership. Furthermore, LDAP Admin shows
the group as being local but doesn't show any members although there is one
member. Members of other "local" groups are listed in said groups.

Any ideas from anyone?
--
Charles