[Samba] Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped) when running testparm & [sn]mbd with default config

Tue Dec 22 07:44:44 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 06:32:37AM -0800, RuiDC wrote:

> Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >
> > You might try to compile it manually first. It's not much
> > harder than installing a port:
> > ./configure; make
> >
> I'm recompiling with port and debug now and capturing the output. I did see
> the -g is passed to make though. I'll post the output and then see if it's
> possible to do it the non-ports way - as there is no ./configure file and
> there will be FreeBSD patches that need to be applied etc... but this will
> take a few hours each run.

What??? No ./configure? Where did you download the sources
from? This does not sound like Samba, probably we are
talking about different software packages. I am talking
about the free SMB server that you can download from
http://www.samba.org, what are you talking about???

Volker