[Samba] Samba over Ssh, prob with Windows

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Thu Dec 17 02:59:34 MST 2009

Hi list,

    this is actually an issue with Windows but maybe someone knows the
answer from experience. I want to tunnel Samba via Ssh, so I have
attempted to stop all conflicting services on the local Windows
machine (windows vista sp2). In the end the only service I have
stopped is "Server" but when I check netstat -a the system is still
listening on port 139. Can anyone confirm that this will conflict with
Samba and if so give any suggestions as how to stop the vista box
listening on this port?

thanks in advance, Andy.