[Samba] Deletion of directory symlink via Samba deletes files in original subdirectory on Unix

Kathy banshee135 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:25:07 MST 2009

Hi Andy --

The directories are group owned by a bunch of engineers so all members
of that group have permissions to delete all of it:  symlink, subdir,
and files in the subdir.  If they do this on the Unix side, it only
deletes the symlink and sometimes they have scripts on the Windows
side that need to delete the symlinks, hence the issue we're seeing
now.

Kathy