[Samba] 'inherit owner' doesn't play nice with 'force directory mode'

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Aug 19 11:35:27 MDT 2009

John,

The following quote comes from the SWAT description of the "inherit
permissions" parameter.
 From the way it is written, it seems quite plausible that it also
applies to "inherit owner".

      inherit permissions (S)

Note that the setuid bit is /never/ set via inheritance (the code
explicitly prohibits this).

Dale