[Samba] re reading config

Terry terry at bluelight.org.uk
Sat Aug 8 01:21:40 MDT 2009

Miguel Medalha wrote:
> You can force it  without restarting with the following commands:
>
> For smbd
> smbcontrol smbd reload-config
>
> For nmbd:
> smbcontrol nmbd reload-config
>
> For winbind:
> smbcontrol winbindd reload-config
>
> The process number can also be used instead of the daemon's name.
>
> For samba version > 3.3 you can force all 3 daemon's to reload
> configuration with the following command:
>
> smbcontrol all reload-config

that's great never new about them cmd's. So does it periodically monitor
the config then :)
The reason I ask is I made some changes but didn't restart samba as I
wasn't ready. But the next day just when I finished work there a problem
with a client pc that I could have put down to the changes. Basically a
hosts allow option.
I didn't have time to look into it as we were shutting for the day but
that would have explained it.
I will check it out on Monday.
Thanks