[Samba] linux -> windows special characters in filenames problems

Kaleb Harper kaleb.tmp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:17:00 GMT 2009

I just tried 'mangled names = No', it made the directory names appear
properly, but when I try to open the directory, I get an error message that
it can't access the folder. So I assume the only other way is going to be to
somehow remove/change the ' : '. Any suggestions on how to do this would be
helpful. If it's doable inside of Samba, that's great, if not, I'm not
opposed to putting some kind of shell script on a cron to just go thru and
rename everything with bad characters, but I'm afraid I don't know how to do
that either :)