[Samba] Samba 3.2.10: WinXP SP2 trouble

Peter Rindfuss rindfuss at wzb.eu
Tue Apr 14 16:52:53 GMT 2009

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded our PDC and BDC from Samba 3.2.8 to 3.2.10
(OpenSUSE 11.0).

Now all WinXP SP3 clients are still working fine, but those (fortunately
few) clients with only SP2 or SP1 cannot correctly login anymore. After
login, a lsass.exe error shows up, and Windows starts shutting down (60
seconds left)

If one stops the shutdown, all file access to the PDC works nicely, but
the system control panel shows the domain name as *unknown*, and a
message pops up telling that the RPC server is not available.

If I do a local login instead of a domain login, no problem occurs, and
I even can map a network drive in explorer with no bad consequences.

What could be wrong?

Thanks for hints
Peter