[Samba] "hide dot files" parameter

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Wed Sep 24 22:50:41 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 11:36 +0200, Jean Frontin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I put "hide dot files = yes" in [homes] section.
> I don't understand why I always see files beginning with a dot when I
> open a session on this server.

Do you have the option to view hidden files enabled in Windows?? (From
Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab > near the bottom
of the first page is the option for "Hidden files and folders").  A dot
(.) file in Windows is not automatically considered hidden unless the
Samba option you have set is enabled.  The option I noted here will
effectively disable that option.

> Have a good day
You as well.

Regards,