[Samba] Solaris nss_ldap vs PADL nss_ldap

Duncan Brannen dbb at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 11:20:30 GMT 2008

Hi Alban,
                You can download padl's nss_ldap library from
http://www.padl.com/Contents/OpenSourceSoftware.html

If you've already configured solaris for groups and password in LDAP, it
should just work once you replace the Solaris
nss_ldap with the padl one ( back it up first ;)  and add / configure
/etc/ldap.conf

mine looks like

> TLS_CACERT /etc/certs/cacert.pem
> TLSCIPHERSUITE TLSv1
> host ldap.st-andrews.ac.uk
> rootbinddn <DN of admin user for doing lookups>
> base ou=People,dc=st-andrews,dc=ac,dc=uk
> ldap_version 3
> nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=st-andrews,dc=ac,dc=uk?one
> nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=st-andrews,dc=ac,dc=uk?one
> nss_base_group          ou=Groups,dc=st-andrews,dc=ac,dc=uk?one
> ssl start_tls
> tls_cacertfile /etc/certs/<pem encoded public key of our signing
> certificate?
> tls_cacertdir /etc/certs
> tls_ciphers TLSv1
With the admin user password in /etc/ldap.secret permission 600.

You could also try  group: compat as suggested by Douglas Engert,  I've
not managed to get back to trying this yet.

> Have you tried using Solaris version withthis in the nsswitch.conf:
>
>  group: compat
>  group_compat ldap
>
> and adding the + in the /etc/group file.
>
> This appears to work as expected, getting groups info from both
> local and ldap.
>
> Or (I have not tried this):
>
>  group: files [SUCCESS=continue] ldap

Cheers,