[Samba] Re: Samba server as part of AD domain keeps asking for username and password

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:49:21 GMT 2008

Sorry,

My german is not that good so I´ll stick to english.
I had a similar problem which was cause by samba not being able to recognize
machines (AWM013 is a machine account or a user?), we have a unix heavy
samba enviroment with user in both AD and unix both computers only in AD.

We had problems when the computer account tried to gain access to IPC$? but
where denied because the account not being recognized by samba.
If you to allow guest for bad users that would go away, security might be
solvable by mapping guest to nobody? Not that I would run this in production
but it´s a way to test.

Also if wbinfo -u or -g doesn´t work to set a valid user account in winbind
to use when connecting to the domain.

/Henrik